Monday, February 26, 2007

Somaya Abdel Aziz (Qari'a)


Somaya Abdel Aziz is a new talent that has appeared in Egypt recently. She is a young 12 year old girl from the town of Benha between Cairo and Tanta in Egypt. She is the eldest daughter in a great family of truly kind people. I was recently in Egypt in order to meet with some reciters when I was shown her video by Ostaz Ahmad Mustafa. I was very impressed to see her talent and ability at such a young age. I asked to see if I could meet with her and her family and they were extremely welcoming and hospitable. There I met with her two other brothers and sister and all of them are excellent reciters and memorizers of the Holy Qur'an. I then asked her to recite some ayat which she did impressively. Don't take my word for it, see for your self below: